DO YOU NEED INFORMATION?
ABIN-PA InfoLine - 215-699-2139
Email ABIN-PA - click at left or email@example.com
BIAPA Brain Injury Resource Line - 1-866-635-7097
DOH Brain Injury Helpline - 1-866-412-4755 - (click here for former literature list)
Governor's Office for People with Disabilities - 1-866-229-9337
PROBLEM SOLVING AGENCIES FOR VARIOUS PROGRAMS
5. Children's brain injury rehabilitation - Medical Access provides rehabilitation regardless of parent income through neuropsychological evaluations and consulting, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech & language therapy, and other services as needed. Contact the Special Needs Coordinator of your child's physical health managed care organization. For problems, contact the state's Special Needs office at 717-705-8220 or the Pennsylvania Health Law Project at www.phlp.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-274-3258. Below age 21, children are entitled to brain injury rehabilitation under federal Medicaid law - see �1396 (d)(r)(5) mandating all necessary services as defined in Early & Periodic Screening, Diagnosis & Treatment. (Also read the entry on neuropsychological services below.)
6. CommCare Waiver - Office of Long Term Living Programs, 1-800-757-5042. Pennsylvania Health Law Project at http://www.phlp.org/, email@example.com, 1-800-274-3258 or TTY 1-866-236-6310. Also, the Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.
7. Early Intervention - Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.
8. Head Injury Program - One year of traumatic brain injury rehabilitation to those who qualify. Contact the Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.
11. Institutions - Pennsylvania Institutional Law Project (PAILP) at www.pailp.org. PAILP "provides free legal assistance in civil matters to low-income people who are incarcerated or institutionalized"...in state and federal prisons, jails, state mental hospitals or state centers for mental retardation. Complaints must be sent in writing to: PAILP, 718 Arch Street, Suite 304 South, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
12. Legal services - Legal Clinic for the Disabled, Magee Rehabilitation Hospital or 215-587-3350. Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, Inc. at www.palegalservices.org or 1-800-322-7572. PA Law Help at www.palawhelp.org.
13. Medical Access - The Pennsylvania Health Law Project helps disabled children and adults who have Medical Access but can not get the services they need. Go to www.phlp.org or call 1-800-274-3896.
14. Mental retardation services - Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.
15. Medicare Coverage - contact 1-800-633-4227.
16. Medicare Denials - contact 1-800-322-1914.
17. Michael Dallas Waiver - Pennsylvania Health Law Project at www.phlp.org, 1-800-274-3258 or TTY 1-866-236-6310.
18. Neuropsychological evaluations - needed to plan rehabilitation - funding considerations:
20. Office of Vocational Rehabilitation - Pennsylvania Client Assistance Program (CAP) at www.equalemployment.org, firstname.lastname@example.org. CAP offers free help regardless of income to people "seeking services from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Blindness and Visual Services, Centers for Independent Living and other programs funded under federal law."
21. Private insurance coverage complaints - Contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Health Care Section at http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=458 or 1-877-888-4877.
22. Social Security - Disability income (SSD) and low income (SSI) programs. For complaints, go to http://www.consumeraffairs.com/age/ssa.html. Also, Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.
23. Special Education - Special Education Consult Line at 1-800-879-2301. PA Training & Technical Assistance parent pages at www.pattan.net/search. Office of Dispute Resolution at www.odr-pa.org. Extensive list of links at http://trainland.tripod.com/legal.htm. Parent Education & Advocacy Leadership Center www.pealcenter.org/aboutus. Parent Education Network www.parentednet.org. Also, Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443 (takes calls formerly directed to the Education Law Center).
24. Third party payment - Medical Assistance must seek payment for children's services from private carrier after service is provided - "pay first, chase later". Contact email@example.com.
25. Transportation - the Disability Rights Network at www.drnpa.org or 1-800-692-7443.